Noise Festival Limited ("Noise", "we" or "us") operates the website www.noisefestival.com (our "Website"). We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), we are the data controller in respect of information collected through or in connection with our Website. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 05303234. Our registered office is at Chittenden Horley, 456, Chester Road, Manchester, M16 9HD and our trading office is at PO Box 4106, Manchester, M60 1WW. Our registered charity number is 1107181.
In addition, our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to any such websites.
Information we collect
We may collect and process data about you such as:
- information that you may provide when filling in forms on, or otherwise submitting or making available information to, our Website, this includes for example:
- information provided when registering as a member of our Website or for any services made available via the our Website;
- information provided when posting any material to our Website or interacting with other users;
- information you provide when you enter a prize draw or competition;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- credit or debit card details or other payment method details provided when purchasing subscriptions for services provided via our Website;
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our Website, the activities you engage in when using the services made available via the Website and the resources that you access on or via the Website;
- details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access on or via our Website.
How we use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to present content and information on our Website in the most suitable manner for you and the equipment and devices from which you view our Website;
- to send you information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to manage and administer your account and contact you as may from time to time be necessary in connection with your use of our Website and/or the services made available on it, including, but not limited to, notifying you about changes to our Website, the services provided via our Website and the basis on which such services are provided.
In certain circumstances we may provide third parties with aggregate information about our Website's users. This may include information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Your data and transactions related to our Website
Where you wish to purchase any work advertised for sale on the Website by individual members of our Website (ie. any products which are not offered for sale by Noise itself), you will be re-directed to a third party website, the operator of which will handle the purchase.
Where we store your data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of any purchase made by you for works or products via the Website, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data once we receive it, transmission of information to us or from us via the internet is not completely secure and your sending of information to us online is at your own risk. For the avoidance of doubt, we accept no liability for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of such transmission.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password to access certain parts of the Website or your online account, you should not share this password with others.
Updating your information
Where you submit information to us or via our Website, you should try to ensure such information is accurate, and let us know if such information changes so that we are not holding any inaccurate information about you. If you have registered to become a member on our Website, you can review and update your personal information yourself at any time by logging in to your online account.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as such words are defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you and our members will be one of the transferred assets;
- where we sub-contract any services which require the processing of your data, for example, where we engage a third party to host and maintain our Website or use a third party in the provision of certain services provided to you in connection with our Website; and
We will inform you (when collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such use when we collect your data. You can also tell us should you change your mind about this at a later date by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you request access to any information held about you we will process such request in accordance with the Act as such may be amended, varied or supplemented from time to time and we may charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Further information about protection of personal data and the Data Protection Act
To find out more about protecting your personal data and the meaning of terms such as data controller and personal data please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.