Employment01/02/2013 - 07/26/2013
Whilst at Ralsey I followed three different brands through four seasons working to tight deadlines and thriving on the fast paced nature of the environment. My responsibilities included:
• Swatch and garment design and development, created using a combination of hand drawn sketches and Illustrator software.
• Embellishment and print design and development, created using Photoshop and full scale layouts.
• Requesting swatches and yarn from manufacturers, liaising daily with the team in China.
• Introducing a yarn inventory for available yarns.
• Technical flat sketches, created using a combination of hand drawn sketches and Illustrator software.
• Creating full scale layouts for complicated silhouette designs.
• Creating and requesting tech-packs from manufacturers using a combination of email, post, Excel and later PLM software.
• Creating detailed monthly market research reports and trend analysis reports.
• I also took part in an Intern Project which solidified my knowledge of the manufacturing process from beginning to end and granted me an understanding of the sales aspect of the company including costing and branding.